Pipe Organ
The central act of worship at St. Paul's is the Mass.  Historically, the Anglican tradition has treasured music as a means of enhancing the beauty and dignity of our corporal worship.  An instrument that can give expression to many musical voices is the pipe organ.

St. Paul's pipe organ was originally built by the Austin Organ Company in the 1920's for a Christian Reformed Church in Grand Rapids.  Our Austin organ was completely restored and rebuilt by the G M Buck Pipe Organ Company of Grand Rapids.  The five divisions - great, swell, choir, pedal and positiv - incorporate seventeen of the original twenty ranks of pipes, supplemented by digitally sampled voices.  State-of-the-art digital controls offer recording, play-back, transposition and MIDI interface.

  
The installation of the pipe organ was celebrated by a special dedication and recital held July 21, 2010.  Guest organist Dr. Glynn Jenkins of Scotland gave the inaugural recital entitled "The Golden Age of Organ Music". Dr. Jenkins, an expert on Gregorian chant and mediaeval polyphony, has taught, performed and directed classical repertory church music for thirty years.  He is well known as an organist and choirmaster, and also as a composer of choral and instrumental works, some of which have been written for liturgical use by cathedrals and parish churches in the United Kingdom.
     
"And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of music, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy." KJV  I Chronicles 15:16"
 

The Harold Freeman Memorial Organ
The organ was given by family and friends in memory of Harold Freeman (1935 - 2004).  Mr. Freeman taught for many years in the Ionia Public School District and at Barry County Christian School; he was well-known and well-loved as an organist and choirmaster at several Episcopal and Anglican churches in the area, including 
​​​John's in Mount Pleasant, St Anne's in Clare, St. John's in Ionia and Emmanuel in Hastings.  His final appointment was at St. Paul's Anglican Catholic Church in Grand Rapids, where he served devotedly until his untimely death.